Sunday 12 January 2014

Eat Good! Feel Good! -- Link up...

It has been a week since I introduced my healthy eating to post to you all and now it is time to update you all on my progress.

I am amazed at how well I have managed to follow my meal planner. Maybe it's my OCD of liking a plan and organisation or just because I have already seen the benefits. 


Breakfast:
I have found this to be one of the best switches I have made in my 'Be Healthy' quest. I was the type who'd have a a high sugar cereal and then sugar sprinkled on top of said cereal. Switching to porridge has made me feel less bloated and I notice that my energy level seems constant until lunch time. Why is this good? No mid morning chocolate snack is needed.  I've also began to feel much less bloated after breakfast which is even better.


Lunch:
This was a tricky one for me. Due to my energy levels being so low, I have found myself some days grabbing 2 or 3 bags of crisps for lunch so I don't have to make anything (naughty - I know!). I carried out a food prep Sunday night of vegetables and placed them in zip lock bags for the week. Then each evening while waiting for the kettle to boil, I chucked a bit of everything into a plastic container and voila - lunch was done. Quick and easy. Then for my lunches, having salad with vegetables and meat filled me up and once again I did not suffer an afternoon dip in energy. I paired it with an apple and a couple little caramel squares because I'm not THAT good.

Sunday meal prep...

Dinner:
The dinner was the hardest for me. As this week was the first week back in my phased return doing 3 full days I was, as you can imagine, physically and mentally exhausted by the time I reached home. This is when things can go wrong, I get in and fill up on chocolate and crisps while my tea is in the oven but because the salad was so filling I didn't find the need to do that. But the utter exhaustion was still a factor, I managed to get my fix of vegetables and something healthy but I definitely did not do as well as I would have liked with dinners. That will be something I work on next week.



Healthy Eating Week 1


This week also saw me get back to my pole dancing after a couple months of due to a shoulder injury. It coped well but has been a bit iffy since so I think I will have to relent and visit a physio to check it out. I loved my session and would hate to have to give it up again. The exercise made me feel like I had achieved something and that was a feeling I had been missing for some time.

Pole Fun!

How has your healthy week gone? I would love you to link up and healthy posts from the week and we can support each other in our journey to 'Eat Good! Feel Good'.

Take All Chances


Also linking up with:
Fit + Fab
________________________

 photo mondaymeals_zpscbe2340b.jpg

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...