Saturday 27 July 2013

Time for changes...

Over the past few months my life has changed in a many ways I did not expect. They haven't been big, earth shattering like I experienced last year, but small, little changes that sort of crept up on me. My attitude to things has been shaped by last year's mis-fortunes and I am finally beginning to feel the shift. I view my own life as something which I need to constantly work on at the moment.

My attitude to work has been a big change lately. As a teacher, I invest my time, energy, tears and patience in my class. I work hard to provide an education which they will, hopefully, one day thank me for. That I realise is something I will never be able to change about myself however, the extra stresses I carry upon my shoulders I can do something about. I am a typical 'Yes' person and I will help anyone I can, much to my own detriment sometimes. I am now becoming more adept at realising when I need to say 'no'. By taking on everyone else's issues my shoulders have become over loaded and it's too difficult. I have begun to change my boundaries and decide if I have to do something. It's not the most easy attitude to adopt but I am working on it. 

I try not to go too Michael Scott on them...

My views on lifestyle have changed greatly too. Since being diagnosed with anaemia earlier in the year - I have become more careful about what I eat. I have realised that I am what I eat. Through changing my diet, I have felt fresher and more healthy. It took some time as I was a typical junk food girl. I ate for ease not for nutrients. The importance of a healthy diet has never been clearer to me than lately and I now feel like I crave healthy foods if I stray for a day or so.

I still love my cookies though...

My changes are small but these small changes are leading to bigger changes. I sometimes think 'What would it be like if I did x/y/z?' and maybe now I will start to pursue those ideas. I am open to change. I am not sure this is how it works but who knows? For now I am content with the small things. 

Time to evolve and grow...


Have you found yourself changing or growing this year?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...