Thursday 14 March 2013

Unintentional break...

While moving home - into my very first home which I actually own! - I had to wait 3 weeks for the internet to be linked up. That in itself was difficult especially with work as I have to use it for lesson planning and emails. But also in my little blog world, it made things particularly difficult.

However, I have not been able to do much lately which has made my break from blogging even more unintentional. After being diagnosed with severe anaemia (not just the normal - the type which nearly saw me hospital bound) I have been working hard to get myself and my body back on track. The one thing which comes along with that however is a severely lowered immune system. That made sense with all my germ friends hanging around... and it was something which I thought I'd dealt with. Unlucky for me, I hadn't.

The past two weeks have seen my sinus issues come back massively and then to top it all off I was diagnosed with tonsillitis at the start of the week. Talk about catching everything going. I have never had this before and it absolutely sucks big time. I has even, shock horror, made me take time away from work. After days of being told, "Wow, you're looking awful today. Are you ok?" I am sure people will be pleased I have taken my illness and germs away from them.

What has that meant for me? Well- sofa, naps and soup. Sounds good but to be honest, I would rather just be healthy at work than deal with the pain of this. As of yet, I have not seen too much improvement and still on pain killers. Any tips for tonsillitis would be greatly accepted! I have had found warm is better than cold and surviving on toast at the moment. 
 
I hope I have not lost you in this rather self indulged rant into being ill - I know it could be worse but at the moment I am feeling pretty frustrated with it all. I will be back in the land of blogging very shortly and hopefully I can have some more positive experiences to share with you all.


2 comments:

Shainee said...

get well soon...its really sad to know that you are suffering too much....I have sinus too ...so i can understand the pain you'are going through.

Love,
shainee
apieceofshe.blogspot.com

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

Hope you get well soon! :/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...