Friday 22 February 2013

My blog...

I was discussing blogging with Miss Rebecca [Forever after Undecided] and topic of conversation turned to who reads our blog. I have always blogged anonymously and began to wonder why I do that. I love to blog and it helps me in so many ways but if that's the case, why do I keep this part of my life so hidden from people?

Job

In the career which I am in I have always aimed for and made sure to stay as professional as much as possible. Anything which I choose to share in public is exactly that - things I choose to share. As a teacher, I must make sure at all times to keep a professional attitude. This is not to say I am not myself, because I more 'me' than most other teachers I know which I think is one of the reason I am a favourite teacher. But in the same breath, certain aspects of my personal life are things which should stay personal. My boy dramas, health and views on life are all mine but I don't want them to be so accessible for all to see. 

The kiddies don't need to know about 'real me' ... [Source]


Honesty
It may come as a surprise to you who read my blog and have done so for the past couple of years that I actually find it very difficult to be open and honest with others face to face. I do not like to show sadness and feel like it weakens me. But here I can say my feelings and thoughts without someone scrutinising my face to see the flecks of fear or sadness or worry showing themselves. I admit this is a bit of an issue but its always been something which I have faced. Sharing my inner thoughts and feelings can be such an anxious process for me and something which I tend to shy away from wherever possible. It's reasons like this which has caused me to put up such walls. Again, I choose  what to tell people and as chatty as I am, if people care to look deep enough they will see I don't give much away at all. 

Friendship
Blogging has opened me up to a whole new world of friendships. Some people I have met through blogging are people I know read and share my life with me and a special blogger has turned into a forever friendship. I am not sure how much this would have been the case had I focused on my already friends. 

One day I may share but for the time being I like being able to have a special safe place where I know I can share my life and feelings and not have to worry about being judged. If there's one thing which I have learnt in my time of blogging it is that everyone is ready to support.

Ain't that the truth... [Source]


Who do you share your blog with?


Just a quick reminder to head over to yesterday's post for a 10% Kohl's discount code:

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

You can be my forever friend for ever and ever and longer :) I know all your deepest secrets now, ha! xxx.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Oh no!!! I knew I should've kept them quiet!!! Maybe I'm just a catfish?!!? Hahahaha!!!! Definitly forever friends for ever and ever :-) x x x

Unknown said...

Found you by chance. I love your post and I think this is a very good question. I don't blog anonymously, but sometimes I wish I did. I want to blog the truth about how I feel, but because I'm visible, it's hard. I try to craft my blogs so that I get my point across, but I have to be careful as to not really offend those living in my community. Anyway, I hope to read more from you. I hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

I love your post. I do not post anonymously and I must say that it does hinder my thought process. I blog because it makes me feel good to get my thoughts down and out of my head, but it often has to be crafted as to not really offend those in my community. I hope to discover the courage to post my thoughts and not be governed by my fears. I look forward to your future post and I will be following. Hope you feel better soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...