Friday 13 April 2012

Let's go Rangers...

Yes folks...If I were a man I'd be having a great looking beard developing by now because it's the Stanley Cup Playoffs. If you're not familiar with this, tut tut, it is the NHL hockey holy grail for teams and fans alike. Last night was the first play off game of my team - The New York Rangers.

I am from the UK but NYC is one of my absolute favourite cities so it seemed only fitting that I give my support to the Blueshirts. I was lucky to go a game at MSG when I was there last February and I enjoyed every minute as well as the pre-game drinks.

In many of previous posts I have stated my love for hockey and it's not just for the men...although that doesn't hurt. I love the speed, the physicalness and the whole atmosphere. Unfortunately where I live in the UK we don't have Elite Ice Hockey anymore so I have taken an even more vested interest in the NHL this season and I have to say I have loved every minute of it. Rangers are playing great and I propped up a bar once or twice in my February NYC visit this year to catch a couple of games. 

Last night I stayed up late to watch the first play off game between New York Rangers and Ottawa Senators. What a great game it was too! There were hits flying, roughing, goals and bad tempered coaches (Yes Torts..I'm talking about you but I love it). Obviously the best part? The Rangers took home the win which gives them, obviously, a great advantage going into game two on Saturday. Will they win? Will the get past the first round? I don't know but all I will say is that the team is working their asses off and have a great team bond so what more could be asked. 

No worries Lundqvist...I got your back...


Let's hope I have some more positive hockey posts to come...Let's Go Rangers!


What about you? What are your colours?

Don't forget to find me on Twitter now, I have already connected with a few of you guys but looking for more : Missy Twitter

2 comments:

Miss Anita said...

I've just adopted the Pittsburgh Penguins because my new uni friend is from there... I'm in Perth, Australia, so the idea of ice hockey is foreign to me but I LOVE SPORTS! so I'll jump on any bandwagon.
As for my true sporting love, lets not even talk about them. This AFL season has started of disastrously.

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Nooo...I'm afraid I'm not a huge Penguins fan. However I will not hold that against you! Haha!! It's nice to see someone being intorduced to hockey! You will LOVE this then if you're a sports fan. Also, they have hockey in Australia, there were a few guys playing tehre from the UK league in our off season last year.

I'm not much into AFL I'm afraid, but maybe I should give it a go?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...