Monday 6 February 2012

The 'C' word...

Today's post has been in my mind for a week or so now. As you know I have been going through a tough time and I now feel ready to share. 

I thought I knew pain and hurt. 

Just over a week ago I heard news I never thought I'd hear. My brother has Cancer. Yes, that awful thing which just eats away and grows.

He had been generally unwell for some time and been in hospital for a few days before a sacn which showed something. Then the hospital confirmed that the tumour found was indeed cancerous. It's so strange because you hear the statistics banded about and somewhere in the back of your mind you think it wont affect you.

When it does, it's such a strange feeling to hear something so bad and not be able to do anything about it. He's my older brother and anyone with older brothers know that they are tough. Needless to say I have taken a lot of things on my shoulder and felt like I should be able to do more and that I should be stronger and that the tears should stop. That took about a week and a half to work my way through and now I'm in the place where I can talk about it without crying and more logically.

Next week will be his operation to remove it and then following that chemotherapy. After that the doctors are very confident that things will be fine. It's gonna be a hell of a battle but one he's ready for and all the family are backing him with.

I hope anyone who has suffered or known someone close to them who has suffered from cancer keeps their fight going.



"Cancer is not a death sentence, but rather it is a life sentence; it pushes one to live," Marcia Smith.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh honey, I am sorry that you and your big brother are having to deal with this ugly disease.
I am speaking from a heart who knows full well what it means to go through it, to hear the Big C word... I have been diagnosed TWICE with breast cancer and went through chemo and so I know what it feel like to go through the tests, surgeries and chemo. I also know what it feels like to love someone and have them be told they have cancer. In November my husband was dx and has been through surgery and so far looks like we got it all and he will not have to do chemo.
Please know I give you my support and prayers. If you want I can email you with some ideas of gift ideas for your brother to help with the side affects of chemotherapy. If not, just know I uplift you all!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you, your brother and your family are going through this rough time. I know it is easier said than done, but try to stay positive. If he is anything like you, I am sure he is a fighter. Feel free to email me if you ever need a friend. I am sending good vibes your way. xoxo

@the bench said...

Hi- I stopped by from Life of Meg's Mingle Monday. About 15 years ago, my little brother was diagnosed with cancer- it's a hard thing to go through. Sending positive thoughts for you and your family.

Nasreen said...

Hi there :) I am stopping by from LIfe of Meg's Mingle Monday as well. I am really sorry to hear about your big brother, I have been through this as well with both my uncle and aunt and it was a hard thing to go through but I am sending you lots of love and prayers for you and your brother :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@melody Mae-- thank you for your support! Your bravey gives me hope! Thanks foe the offer..I will definitely email!
@caryn- thank you for your kind words! It's great to hear you're kindness!
@bench- thanks so much for the positive thoughts!
@nasreen- thanks for your prayers!

Hungry For Living said...

new follower from the hop, hope you come by and want to follow too!! http://hungryforliving.blogspot.com/

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

i tagged you in a post today! http://www.somethinginfinitelyinteresting.com/2012/04/11-things.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...