Thursday 28 July 2011

Is it all in the past...

When does the past actually become the past and forgotten about completely?

I had a long long chat with Miss Faux Fur tonight and we discussed a lot of topics not least both our pasts. She's had a few run ins with hers lately and both times it's been positive and I can see it's made her happy. In my case it was that there is a potential for the past to catch up with me. This wouldn't be a bad thing as such but it's not something I ever thought I'd deal with again and in the event of this past just 'turning up' in the same place would be just the worst as I don't think in either case it would be comfortable. Talk about a shock value...we'd have one right there.

So our question was, do I pre-empt this one or do I just take a chance? By pre-empting it, it may be a bit stressful wondering of the consequence and whether my 'past' would think it's strange but chancing it could lead to awkwardness and down right shock for both parties (not fun). 

Can I not just sit really still and close my eyes?



What to do, pre-empt the past or let the past catch up with me?

10 comments:

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Past as in exes?? I say, let sleeping dogs lie. And if they 'wake' then just be nice and hope they go back to sleep, haha.

Lydia @ See Beautiful said...

So happy to connect via FTLOB! I love the questions and wonderings you honestly share and invite others to grapple with-we're all grappling with this, right? Thanks for inspiring.

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

you know i look forward to your post... love it!!

i say let the past catch up with you.. no need to go back!

xoxo
Lisa
http://versatileedgyworld.blogspot.com/

Cherie@Accessoire said...

Came over from Coffee Talk! What a challenging question! Some people's past really hurts and they almost have to let it there and not go back, others find healing in digging it up and finding peace with it. I think it is a very personal choice! Love the thought provoking post!

Have a great weekend!

Blogs said...

I actually noticed the changes a few days ago AND meant to tell u how lovely it looks around here! i'm not a good advice giver, I tend to always use the "Follow your Heart" guide! i think everything will turn out if you just go with the flow and not think so much about it....xoxo

Jade Clark said...

I love the look of your blog, and your phrase "If it's not ok... then it's not the end." Beautiful! New GFC follower from Friendly Friday!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Lindsey- Yes and no, as always it's complicated and not for blog world hence the generalness of the post (but it does include a boy haha).I like your thinking- I just hope there is no bit when/if the dog stirs!
@Lydia- Glad you like my honesty, it's posts like these which I (and I think everyone) finds hard but they're necessary to let others know they're not the only one thinking that way.
@Lisa-Glad you enjoy my posts :-) That's what I'm here for! Yea I'm leaning towards the letting past catch up.
@Cherie- Glad you like it!!It's a very fine line don't you think btw hurt and finding closure?
@Vic- So pleased you like the changes!!!!I wanted something to reflect me a little more and now it feels personal. Yep follow your heart is a good one, sometimes you wonder how much to follow it. Thanks :-)
@Jade- I know- when I saw the phrase I just thought it was perfect for my feelings at the time and inspirational for others. Glad you found me!

Patty said...

The past is always there, lurking. You can jab it, sometimes it goes back into a corner, others, it just stands there, in your face, leering.

I say..jab it, punch it, deal with it and then kick it back where it belongs. It will always be there but you'll have re-gained your power over its lingering threat.

Love your new look and header!!!

Terri. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. That is a great idea about the Margarita Pizza, folding it in half and sealing it...will try that. Hope you will stop by now and then to say hi.
http://www.atthemapletable.com

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@SC- You are very right with that. I've decided to leave it where it is as I think I'll lose whole control if I try jab this past. Glad you like my new header!
@Terri- You're welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...