Monday 4 July 2011

An eastern escapade...

Now we're in July, it's half way through the year. Can you believe we're here already?I've been blogging since January and truth be told I didn't think I would still be blogging now. But things are a changing I guess. It probably comes as no surprise to those who have been reading my blog for a while that things last year weren't the best. However, this year I feel like I'm starting to get back into the groove if my life. Strangely this is different to how I was. As happy as I am right now, I have never felt more torn and unsettled. This is not in anyway because I am unhappy, it's more so in a way that I feel like I need to get a change of scenery.

Normally during the summer I head off to some place cool with Miss GG but unfortunately her holidays have been changed and it doesn't look like we'd get to do much. Then I thought about doing a tour. I pondered this thought during the week and went to price up deals. I was very specific over what I wanted (as you can imagine) and was adamant that I would NOT camp anywhere- even though the travel agent said they are always nice. Whatever...I don't want to hear it. This was the one which I had looked at online and wanted to price up, my very own Eastern Escape Escapade...


This would be a tour led group and I would just turn up pretty much.It just looks amazing...I'm just having mini freaks out occasionally thinking how scary this is to do alone. I know I will not be alone per say as I have a whole group around me but this is the first time I've really done exactly what I've wanted. Previous years to the states and other summer holidays have been great but also needed compromise which is good because when you go away with others you need to do what everyone wants. However, this is all me. It ticks off a few places which I have always wanted to visit in this area. 

6 comments:

Simon said...

I sometimes think about doing for a tour but being in England that usually means a few to seven hundred miles at the most, your map shows you going a little bit further than this. I hope whats on the radio is good (if your driving) because if it's crap then it always makes the journey feel a lot longer.

Joyful Sparrow said...

Looks like so much fun! We'll be in Montreal next month!

Lozzz123 said...

Good on you! Looks awesome. I've never really been on a tour like that myself either but I'm considering it in the future. Just got back from New York yesterday - it was awesome!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Simon- I'm also in the UK but wont count those miles in haha! It will be coach hence the amount of stops so you're not in a bus too long. Thankfully I will have my own playlist going! Aswell as Angry Birds haha!!
@JS- Wow!! Our paths may cross haha! How funny :-) Are you on holiday there?
@Lozzz- Glad you liked NYC- It's one of my favourite cities (if you hadn't guessed!). I shall let you know how the tour thing works out!

kit said...

That looks like a pretty amazing tour! A friend of mine has done a few trips now where she goes alone but as part of a tour (her last one was to South America), and always has an amazing time.

Miss Anita said...

This tour looks awesome, I'm glad you signed up for it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...