Sunday 16 January 2011

CHECK HIM!!!



I was out last night and had great night and today I went to the hockey with my friend Miss Hockey. We decided we would have a girly session and go without the guys. If you have never been to a hockey match before, then my friend, you are missing out! If you have and you love it then you will know what I mean when I say the sound of blades slicing the ice and the whoosh of players zipping around is one of the best things in the world.

Myself and my friend also like to put a girly slant on things. Mr Hockey and Mr JD who come with us always say, “ Missy, I would love you to present your own hockey show. It would be filled with so many funny stories and gossip but you actually know exactly how the game goes so it’s the best of both worlds.” Haha!  Now we are by no means ‘puck bunnies’ (Definition: Woman who go to hockey matches with the sole intention of sleeping with players). But as woman we can’t help notice when a good looking man walks, or in this case, skates by.

We discuss the game, the passes, the goals the goalie wants back, the goals the goalie had no power over, the amounts of checks thrown etc etc. We also pepper our conversations with ‘Ooo he’s looking hot... look the goalie is ‘dancing’’ and other various hockey termed jokes.  Yes, it can be childish, it can be extremely girly but what are we to do? Pretend the guys aren’t hot. I will hold my hand up and say I have a thing for goalies haha! I actually have more a thing for them when they’re in their whole get up however haha! I think it’s the whole fact that they look big and look like they could take care of you. It’s the rough and ready look!


Hot!

The game itself was a fantastic nail biter of a game! The score didn’t go our way but it was a game of passion and hard work. I was elated at our goals, angry at the refs, gutted at the goals against and was shouting for checks on more than one occasion. All in all it was a great night and made me feel renewed and relaxed. It was also nice just having a girly session. We will be there next Saturday with Mr Vodka as it’s not a school night. So hopefully we will get a win next week, possibly a fight and I am sure we will schedule some player talk in there too.

Any other hockey fans out there? What’s your favourite thing about the amazing sport that is hockey?


*Image from every stock photo

1 comment:

Hockey Wife said...

You're allowed to check the players out. Why not? Doesn't make you less of a hockey fan in my book. I check 'em out too, just don't tell my husband! ;) I am a little burned out on hockey (as you can probably imagine) but I know that a month after the season is over, I'll be wishing I had a game to go to!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...